Friday, December 5, 2014

a needed name

Currently I am waiting in line at the pharmacy to pick up a couple of prescriptions. When I got here there were over 25 people in line ahead of me with 2 working the counter. I don't have time to stand here and wait, but I have no choice. Augh!

This week life got crazy busy. There were times when I felt like I could barely breathe through all I had to do. This is one of those moments. I can count how much I have to do in the next 15 hours and somehow still manage to get some sleep before I head out of town for a couple days. 

What do you do when you can't breathe?!

There has only been one thing this week that has kept me from giving up on everything. Because, let me tell you, the thought of throwing my hands up and saying, "forget it!!" has crossed my mind a few times this week. 

But the little reminder that kept popping up in my mind was the fact that I was never doing it all on my own. All I had to do was whisper the name of Jesus and suddenly: peace. So simple. So quieting. Encouraging. Uplifting. Strengthening. 

It is amazing what that wonderfully complex name can accomplish just with a simple utterance. 

(Funny little addition to the story, well not funny then, but now it is. Or ironic...yeah. Ironic. 

Just after I finished writing the first portion of this blog, it was my turn at the counter and there was a problem with one of my prescriptions that can't be fixed until next week. This already stressed-out gal walked out after having taken a detour to get to the stupid pharmacy in the first place and waited in line for 40 minutes for NOTHING and called her husband and started to cry. 

This gal who had just written about the strength of Jesus name, had already completely put it out of her mind and became distraught.  

After calling my husband, (who has already solved my problem, by the way,) I got back on the road home and thought about my own words. The simple uttering of Jesus' name and the peace it brings. I fought back my tears and said His name and the strength came. 

I still find it funny how in writing this blog so often God is trying to teach ME something!)

Jesus - a name I need every day.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment