Monday, December 22, 2014

He loves me anyway

I didn't get Christmas cards out this year. It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. I really wanted to and two months ago I had every intention of getting pictures done and gorgeous cards created and getting them mailed out shortly after Thanksgiving. Yep - amazing intentions.

But, alas, no cards. 

You know, every once in a while God reminds me that I'm not perfect, that I'm far from it, and that's okay because otherwise I would have no need for Him. (Well, it's more like a daily reminder, or maybe 10x daily.) 

I am constantly falling short. Not just in something simple such as Christmas cards, but in being a wife and a mom and a friend. And especially in being a child of God.

Well, maybe I'm not quite failing at this child of God thing. He never asked me to be perfect. He never expected that of me. It was never a prerequisite in order to be His child. He looked at all that I was, good and bad, and all that I was going to be, good and bad, and claimed me as His own.

Lately my shortcomings have been staring me right in the face. I'm constantly seeing what I've done wrong and how I should have done something better. But the amazing thing is the underlying knowledge that God doesn't leave me when I fail. He's still right there with me. 

I found this quote on Pinterest:

I don't deserve that. The gratefulness that flows out of me for that is immeasurable. And what does a person do with such a big amount of gratefulness? I strive! Strive to do what it is that God would have me do. 

But here's the warning: I'm gonna fail again. I guarantee it. But just know that this imperfect gal is still striving.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment