Monday, December 8, 2014

spread smiles

Have you read the book about Love Languages? I think I did but it's been years and it's very possible I have just heard so many people talk about love languages that I just think I've read the book! Whatever the case, I think I figured out my love language: encouragement or words of affirmation. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Have you ever complimented a random person in the grocery store on their hat or shoes or purse? And did you see their smile?! You know it made their day. You know how I know this? Because people have done this to me! 

One compliment can turn my foul mood into a sunny outlook on life for the rest of the day. One word of encouragement during a job I am trying to complete can make me push and work harder and better. One kind word can stick with me and push me to accomplish great things (great to me, anyway), in my day.

We need more kind, uplifting words, more encouragement, more compliments and smiles in our world. Have you ever noticed how many people are driving around town just grumpy and stuff? I can't tell you how often I've caught someone's eye, smiled at them only to have them continue frowning and pretty much ignore me, as if they didn't see the big goofy grin on my face. Honestly, people, it may not be the perfect smile, but it's hard to ignore. There's teeth and happiness all over my face. 

(Yeah - that's exactly how I look!)

I know I've written about this in the past, but I think it's worth the reminder. When you see something about someone that is worth complimenting them on, do it! You never know what affect your words could have on a person. 

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment