Wednesday, August 17, 2016

fruity kids

I sure do love my kids.

I might have spoken to them both in a "slightly louder than normal" voice today on multiple occasions because they were "challenging." Their attitudes might have pushed me to my limits (meaning that my lid was flipped). And I might have kept myself from shoving an entire bar of soap down my daughter's throat today (self-control, right?!) and found myself wanting to leave my son in his room all afternoon...

But I sure do love those cute little stinkers.

Why?

Because my daughter made me pancakes today.
My son hugged me tight and apologized for hurting my feelings today.
My daughter didn't complain about math, her dreaded subject, once today.
My son came downstairs and apologized for being a booger this afternoon.
My daughter did PE in the pool without me bugging her to do so.
My son apologized for hurting me while he was messing around.
(Seriously, he had a tough go of it today!)

My kids are far from perfect and drive me up and wall (and sometimes across the ceiling and down the other wall), but I see fruit every day. 

They are growing and changing and showing signs of being good kids who will (hopefully, God-willing) grow into good adults! 

And all my effort (and when I say "my," I mean my husband's too, but he doesn't write the blog so I'm gonna take all the credit here) and all my stress and all of my hard work (okay, I'm starting to feel bad about using "my"...) is working!!! 

Jesus,
I am trying to stay the course as a mom, so thank you for the glimpses and sometimes full view of the fruit you are producing from the little seeds I so carefully sow. If You will continue to grow the fruit, I will keep on keeping on with the seed-planting! 
AMEN!!

PS - I'm gonna need a little help tomorrow, though. Because: Day 2 of homeschooling...😳

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment