Sunday, August 21, 2016

mondays are RAD (sarcastic font)

My son is 8 and has already decided that Mondays are the worst day of the week. If he gets hurt or
something frustrating happens, he always asks, "Is it Monday? Because this is the worst day ever!"

I've admitted in the past that Mondays have not always been very nice to me. As a matter of fact, they have been downright mean to me! I oughta just stay in bed all day! But I'm in my 30's and have had the time to get jaded about Mondays. My son is 8! He can't be grumpy about Mondays yet!

So tomorrow morning, we will start our day and I will hide my ire and angst towards Monday and I will try to convince my son that, despite what Garfield says, Mondays can be delightful! 

I guess I need this reminder as much as he does: 

Ok, all you grown ups with jobs and children and exhausting lives: we've got this! Let's grab Monday by the horns and tell it who's boss! We're gonna kick Monday's tail with our amazing good attitudes and miles of smiles! We will hop out of bed with determination to make Monday a good day. No, an EXCELLENT day!! Let's do this, people! We've got God's new mercies as our super power!! DO IT!!

Okay, now I just have to remember to read this pep talk tomorrow when I wake up...

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment