Wednesday, July 2, 2014

a quick date

My husband and I have been married for nearly 14 years.  Our anniversary is next week. I think 14 years is great, in this day and age. Sure, we haven't reached 25 or 40 years or any of the great milestones, but I think 14 years should get some applause. 

Tonight we went on a date. We have a friend who watched our son while our daughter went overnight to a friend's house. We went big! We went to a little place in Modesto, shared a pound of steak fries with ranch and BBQ sauce, and listened to live Celtic music (not our preferred listening pleasure, but that's what was playing.) We didn't have any deep conversations (the fiddlers and flute player were a bit loud), but we talked (loudly) about this and that and gave each other reasons to laugh. 

There was nothing phenomenal about our date, but at one point I leaned in close with a big smile and told my husband that I was having a great time. 

How valuable to take time away from the house and find a reason to have a good time together! And it didn't cost us anything but gas money (okay, that was costly - all the way out to Modesto) and the price of a basket of fries! 

Reconnection is important, even if you don't spend a lot of money doing so. And even if you have a limited amount of time to spend with your spouse, that time will prove valuable. If we have the opportunity, we take it. 

I'm telling you, a pound of French fries and a bunch of laughter make for a great date.  ❤️

KC 

No comments:

Post a Comment