Saturday, July 5, 2014

regret

I've been around these parts for over 30 years (these parts being earth). That is 30 + years of making choices and decisions that have impacted my life up to this point. That includes not only the good decisions, but the bad ones as well. 

When I look back at the choices I made when I was in my teens and then my twenties and up into my thirties, I'll admit that there are some that I regret. Stupid choices made in immaturity. Decisions where I followed my selfish desires and ignored my mind and gut all together (honestly, I would dare say that selfishness was at the root of pretty much every stupid choice I have made so far.) 

Here's the thing: I might regret my decisions, but I don't live in that regret. And I don't let that regret run my life. 

I learn from the stupid choices and their results so that I don't make them again. That doesn't mean I'm always successful, but I try.

Those choices have shaped who I am today, a wiser and better woman because of what I took away from each instance. 

But perhaps the biggest reason I don't wallow in regret is because I was given the promise that if I confessed all my selfish, stupid choices and gave them over to God, and if I asked for forgiveness, He would wipe every last one of them off of me and I'd have a fresh start all over again. 

Do you know how good that feels?! If you don't, I just wanna reach out and shake you and tell you that it is the most freeing and amazing thing to lift that weight off of your shoulders and hand it on over to Jesus. 

And the simple way to achieve that weight loss is to ask.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment