Saturday, September 6, 2014

blessings

I have been blessed. I was raised in a Christian family, surrounded by Christian friends. God has placed Christian people in my life as I have "grown up" (sorta) to stand with me in tough times, to give me godly advice when I've needed it, and to build me up. I am blessed.

Looking back, there have been a number of people who have come and gone in my life. Some who have gone, they were meant to go. They were around me for their own selfish gain or to teach me a lesson and then move on.  Sometimes they've meandered out of my life in their own way. Other times God had to show me to back up and distance myself. When people are toxic, sometimes you have to make the choice to remove the toxins. (My Momma always told me: bad company corrupts good morals). 

And then there are those who have come and stayed. Those are my favorite. Whether I talk to a person every day or once a month, there are some who have found a place in my heart and stay there, no matter how far away they might be, no matter how often I talk to them. And I have chosen those people to reside in my heart. They are my blessings from God.

So when a blessing walks into your life, don't let them go. Take them, grab them, and tuck them into your heart. And take care of them, because those people, they are the ones who will help you survive in this world when you feel like you can't do it on your own. 

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment