Wednesday, September 24, 2014

imperfect friends

I was chatting with a friend on the phone the other day. We can share just about anything with each other. Our joys and our weaknesses. Our sadnesses and our accomplishments. And the two of us can laugh about life and then chat about it again the next day and laugh some more.

But the best thing about this friend: she's not perfect. And if you asked her directly, she would be the first to admit that.

You know why I think that's great? Because I'm not perfect either. Sooooooo very far from it. My faults are evident to me on a regular basis...everyday. 

And because we are both imperfect, we have a lot in common:

We can relate to each other.
We don't feel the pressure to be perfect, but can just be ourselves.
We treat each other with a measure of grace.
We build each other up because we know what it's like to be low.
We aren't afraid to vent or to show our weaknesses because there is no judgment.

Do you know how comfortable that friendship is? I don't need to impress. I get to be me; mistakes, rough edges and all. And if I show up to her house in my pajamas and flip flops with my hair pulled back in a ponytail, she will tell me just how cute I am, because she loves me the way I am! 

I hope my dearest, closest friends will forgive me when I say that not a one of them is perfect. I love them that way. That's why they are my dearest and closest friends. ❤️

KC



No comments:

Post a Comment