Friday, September 12, 2014

manageable chaos

As today progressed, I found this quote going through my head which concisely explained what I was feeling pretty much the entire day:
I woke up in the morning, got out of bed, and hit the floor running. Baking, cleaning, phone calls, texts, emails, teaching, making reservations, feeding the kids somewhere in there, running errands in town, refueling at Starbucks, moving furniture, piano lessons, maintaining peace between 2 siblings, watching my nephew's soccer game, and the usual laundry and dishes. Dinner? Did dinner even happen? Cheese sticks, crackers, and Pringles count as dinner, right?

In the midst of it all, I had 30 minutes of quiet. A couple of piano students had to cancel and both my kiddos were gone with their friends.

I sat.

I breathed.

And then continued on with the chaos. Today's chaos was good. It was constant and tiring, but good. 

But some days the chaos is difficult. It feels impossible to carry through. It's heavy and you might not get that 30 minute break. How do you get through that?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have made it through some pretty terrible days leaning into God's arms. 

In my mind I know that throughout all the chaos, I can have that "10% peace" of knowing that God is ultimately in control. Sometimes the chaos comes with tears of agony or frustration or exhaustion. But I can still have that peace of knowing that God holds me as I walk through it all and I know I'll come out okay on the other side. 

When there is chaos, I no longer feel in control, and that is a feeling I personally, don't really like. But knowing that God still has control makes it all manageable.

KC



No comments:

Post a Comment