Tuesday, September 30, 2014

everyday joy

So I've got this idea that's been running around in my head for a couple of weeks. Well, honestly, there are a lot of things running around in my head...constantly. But this one I finally nailed down. Just now. It's a challenge for you. Here's the background:

At my particular stage in life, things are pretty crazy. Partly because I'm a mom and wife and family life keeps us running around trying to maintain some sort of balance. Another part of the craziness happens because I don't want to miss out on any adventures that life has to offer. That's how fantastic memories are made and how amazing relationships are formed. So if I can fit it into my schedule without sacrificing my family, I will do it! So "busy" is an understatement for me.

But amidst all the craziness and busy-ness, one thing that I have tried not to forget to do is enjoy the simple things in life, to look for the beauty in each day, to appreciate the small joys: 

My son's humor makes me giggle everyday.
My daughter's freckles and how proud she is of them blesses me!
Strawberry iced tea.
A note from my daughter (usually apologizing for being a stinker!)
Flowers. I love flowers (thanks, Mom and Dad, for teaching me to appreciate each and every kind!)
A text from my nieces or nephews. 
Clouds glowing with sunlight behind them.
The hills that can be seen from Jack Tone overpass on a clear, bright day - if you live here, you know!
The smell of my husband's home-roasted coffee beans - if you haven't smelled them, you don't know what you're missing.
Bacon
A great song on the radio.
A great song on the radio with incredible bass is even better!
A meal that everyone in the family enjoyed - that can be a difficult task.
A pun - I'm a sucker for puns.
Anything that is Robin's Egg Blue - love that color!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Finding that amazing treasure (usually a vintage suitcase or Pyrex bowl) from an antique shop, thrift store, or garage sale.

Ok. So here's the challenge: post a picture or a comment about something that you saw, heard, smelled, felt, or tasted (all 5 senses represented) today that gave you joy or made you smile or made your heart happy. If there is more than one thing, post it! 

Let's look for joy in everyday people, because it's there! I promise. 

KC


Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment