Monday, September 22, 2014

embracing myself

I think one of the most difficult things a woman faces is comparison. Not necessarily someone else comparing her to anyone else, but the self-comparison that happens on a daily basis. (If you don't compare yourself to anyone else, then good for you, no need to read on). 

Why we do it, I'm not sure. Probably because someone else has something nicer, prettier, or better than we do. At least we think they do. We... and let me clarify: by "we" I mean "I". I compare my car, my house, my finances, and my clothes. I compare my strengths and weaknesses. I compare the shape of my body and my physical flaws. I compare my children's behavior and attitudes. 

Constant. Everyday. Comparing.

It might not be on the front of my mind, but subconsciously I am comparing and finding my faults all day long. Do you know what that does to a gal? I never feel good enough. And that's nobody's fault but my own. 

It's time to step back and look at the wonderful attributes that make you you. Each of us has been created uniquely and not a single one of us is perfect. God knew what He was doing when He formed you. So stop being so critical! You are an amazing person. Not in the same way that I am amazing or how your best friend is amazing, or how the ladies at church are amazing. But in your own, unique way, you are amazing.

And I know you have goals of who you are trying to become and where you are trying to go. But today, I think you need to embrace yourself for who you are right now. Realize that, despite your imperfections and failings, you are still special.

You are amazing.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment