Wednesday, October 1, 2014

love

I'm quite certain that a better definition of love can not be found:

I have been taught since I was a wee child that Jesus died on the cross for my sin. I knew in my head that this was a good thing. I understood that I needed it. I got the concept. I was saved.

But oh, the day my heart got it! I wept. I was in my early twenties when my friend and I were chatting about this very thing. My heart became overwhelmed with a combination of sorrow and gratitude. The most bittersweet of feelings flowed through my soul. I wept from my innermost.

I was a sinner.
No chance of heaven, the perfect place.
He was perfect.
He took every bit of my sin.
He died on the cross where I should have been.
He died on the cross where I should have been...
He took the punishment that I deserved.
And despite all of my sin and all of yours...
He was more powerful than hell.
He rose from the dead.
He defeated death.
And now when God looks at me,
He sees perfection.
And all I had to do was ask. 

Every time I think back on that day and remember the emotions, I am filled again with that same gratitude. 

And all because He loves me.

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment