Thursday, October 23, 2014

order of importance

For anyone who has known me for even a smidge of time, you know that I am a busy person. I like to live a full life. Sometimes to my own detriment, usually resulting in exhaustion and maybe a wee bit of stress. I just don't want to miss out on anything or anyone in this life! 

But I will tell you this: when it comes right down to it, I will always put God, my husband, and my children (in that order) before anything or anyone else. And they, in return, and out of love for me, share me. 

When life gets a bit to busy for me, I have to step back, prioritize, and then choose what is best for my family. Sometimes that means saying no to something I really wanted to do. And sometimes it means saying yes to something I really don't feel like doing. 

Now I know not everyone agrees with that order, but I think it's the best. Here's just one reason why:

God gave me these children to raise for just a little bit of time and they must be one of my primariy focuses while they are living with me. However, once they are moved out of this house, I would hate to have forgotten about my husband during the previous 18 or so years. I mean, we have a lifetime together and we need to keep working on it even during the youth of our children. That way when they move out, we will have a strong relationship already cultivated. But, sometimes man fails. Sometimes my husband and/or children are not perfect. But God is. He is always there for me. He never fails. 

So my God, my unfailing Savior, my Creator who is always there for me, will always take first place in my life. 

My husband, the man I intend to spend the rest of my life with (which is an awfully long time for him to put up with me) will always take the second place in my life.

And those precious little hearts, my children will always take the third placed in my life. 

And where do I fit in? How do I prioritize myself in this list? I think that is a blog post for another day...😴

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment