Tuesday, October 7, 2014

not eye-to-eye

When my husband and I were first married, I found myself getting frustrated when we didn't see eye to eye on matters in our life. How could we disagree on so many things? We got married to each other because we were perfect for each other, right?

Finally, when I expressed this frustration to him he explained that I wouldn't want him to be just like me anyway. It would be like having a clone or a robot who did everything you told it to do. And that would be boring. And in a relationship of any kind, that's just plain impossible.

There are so many things in life to disagree on. Just spend a few moments on Facebook reading people's comments as they vent about what they think is so important. And then they get very upset when someone disagrees with them. Goodness, people; that's life. You will never find one person who agrees 100% with you all of the time. 

And that's where grace comes in. Sometimes you just can't understand a person's point of view. Or you completely disagree with their opinion. Having a bit of understanding to know when to keep your mouth shut and the grace to not rub it in their face just how wrong they are - that is a gift! One that not a lot of people exercise. 

Just like God, as He looks down at us imperfect little beings. There is not a single one of us who completely understands God and lives exactly how He wants us to live. Yet He has grace for our imperfections and allows us to learn from them.  And for me He has double the amount of grace. Sometimes I can't see the big picture He is working on because I am so irritated with the small details He has going on in my life. (I mean seriously, people - He's got me homeschooling...how much more patience do I need to learn?!) (And I hope you can understand the humor here because I do love to homeschool...most of the time...usually...)

Maybe you don't agree with me (which would be the perfect irony here), but I think that we would all get along much better if we each showed that extra measure of grace in our relationships....and on Facebook.

KC




No comments:

Post a Comment