Thursday, October 9, 2014

such is the life of a mom

I'm writing this at approximately 1:00 a.m. You know why? Because I'm a mom and on this particular night that means no sleep. It also means that I missed out on a night out with my girlfriends. Tomorrow my eye will be twitching and I'll be surviving on copious amounts of caffeine. It won't be pretty, not one little bit...

Seriously, sometimes this is the truth. In my case, most of my adult responsibilities mean being a mom. That alone is overwhelming and immense. I am responsible for 2 little hearts, minds, bodies, and souls.   And sometimes, like tonight, that is not fun.

I remember particular stages in my kids life that were tough to go through: the first 2 weeks of their lives, (because, c'mon, learning to parent for the first time is scary!) getting our babies to sleep through the night, potty training (I don't need to say anything else about that), terrible twos (and in our case threes, fours, fives, sixes, sevens, and into her eights), fighting bedtime, picky eaters, constantly messy rooms...and our oldest is only 9. Lots more stages...

But these are all phases of life, things that are short-lived in the grand scheme of things. 

Tonight as I entered into what I knew would be a long night this particular phrase entered my mind as a reminder so I wrote it out: 
Yeah, tonight sucks. My little girl is miserable - (gluten issue), and so I am miserable. 

But it will pass. It is one night out of my life. There have been many and there will be many more.

Such is the life of a mom.

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment