Monday, October 20, 2014

sisterhood

Last week was kind of a crazy week for me. Well, more crazy than usual! On top of the regular homeschooling, piano teaching, household junk, and mommy and wifey stuff, I subbed for two days. PE.  And socially, the calendar filled up mighty fast as well, and if you know me at all, you know I try hard not to miss out on a social event (must be a homeschooling mentality). By the time Sunday evening rolled around, I was watching a TV show with my husband with my eyes closed. 😴

Even through the busy-ness, I have to say that I was truly blessed. I have wonderful sisters-in-law. I know not everybody can say that, but mine truly step in as sisters for me, which is especially great for me because I don't have any biological sisters (although my Mom will tell you that I did beg for a younger sibling!) 

Two of my SILs were willing to watch my kids on the days that I was subbing. As it turns out, only one ended up having an open schedule to do so. But let me tell ya, I was ever so grateful that she could step in at the last minute to have them. And, although I knew she was doing me a favor, I loved that she was actually excited to have them over. That warms a mom's heart. 😊

Now my other SIL didn't even know it, but she was a life-saver for me as well. When I came to pick up her girls amd bring them to church one evening, out she came with a little meal all packaged up for my family - one of our favorites: white chicken chili and cornbread. And as it so happened, I had no time to prep for dinner the next night so I pulled out her meal, warmed it up, and my family scarfed it down. 🍲🍞

And after the craziness of Thursday and Friday, I woke up in a funk on Saturday. I couldn't pull myself out of it no matter how many pep talks I gave myself. I shot a quick little text to a dear friend of mine and within a couple hours she had called me and got me a gigglin and I was right as rain! 😜

Can I just tell you what a blessing a sisterhood can be? It might be close friends or biological sisters, aunts, nieces, cousins, in-laws, or your mom. Doesn't matter who, but these woman provide a little something that a guy typically doesn't understand. And I think that's okay. 

I experience this almost daily: a phone call or a text, a message on Facebook or an invite to a night out. So often, it comes just when I need it! Amazing how God prompts the right people at just the right time! 

I know there are times when someone is suddenly on my mind or heart and I feel the need to send them a little encouragement or a something to make them smile. I used to ignore the promptings, thinking the person receiving it would think I was weird or out of the blue in sending it. But I don't anymore. I figure that God has placed them on my heart for a reason, so I better follow his prompting. 

You ever have that? A little bit of joy from a good friend just when you needed it? Or someone who stepped in to help just when you thought you couldn't do it on your own? 

Thank the Lord for sisters!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment