Monday, October 27, 2014

amazing

You ever look at someone who has done something amazing with their life and think, "Wow! They are amazing! I'll never be as amazing as that..."  I do. All the time. 

But that's kind of a stinky way to live life: constantly thinking that God is doing amazing things in other people's lives, but not your own.  Because that's just not the truth.

I have friends who have adopted children. Others who have started incredible charitable organizations. Others who get up onstage and perform with talents I could only dream of posessing. Friends who run not only half marathons, but whole ones too! Do you know how many miles are in a whole marathon? 26ish. That's ridiculous. 

I have friends who work full time and still come home to be incredible mommies with really clean homes - how is that even possible? And moms who have 4 kids and taxi them all over the Central Valley, creating these amazing, well-rounded children. And still others who take their families on mission trips to build homes in other countries and teach VBS while they are there. 

So, even though I still often fall into that "comparison" way of thinking, God constantly reminds me of His truth:

He has a purpose for me. I don't always know what it is, but I know He is using me someway or another. And even when I don't see it, I know it's true because I gave myself to Him years ago to be used for His work. 

And the other important thing that I have to remind myself of is that God has equipped me with gifts, but they are different than other people's gifts. So I'll probably never run a whole marathon, or go on a whole family mission trip to Africa, or work full-time (out of the house, anyway) while maintaining a clean house - ha!, but that's okay. God's got other amazing plans for me...

Like raising two awesome children to do great things for Him.
Or igniting a passion for music in one of my piano students.
Or helping other moms realize that they are not alone in the crazy, emotional world of mommyhood as I pour out my heart in this blog.

It doesn't matter how big or little His plan seems, it is far-reaching and only God knows just how far our gifts will go. 

So let me just tell you: you are amazing!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment