Monday, May 20, 2013

i don't understand...

Many years ago, we had a spokesperson.  A person who would make the single most important decision of our lives.  A person who would make the exact decision we would have made if we had been there.  He had free will.  With that free will, he desired to know all and understand all.  He opened a door.  But it was not a good door to open.  You see, we were not created to understand all:

Natural Disasters
Devastation
Disease
Loss
Disorders
Crimes against the innocent
Mental Illness
Violence
Destruction
Starvation
Suffering

Death

I was not created to understand death.  I walked through the death of a loved one.  Many of my friends have walked that same path.  It is too much for our hearts to handle.  But when we opened that door, we allowed sin, sadness, and death to come into our lives. 

I was made for love.  I was made to be loved by God and to love Him.

It is because of His love that I can survive death.  His amazing gift of grace, comfort, and peace are all that have ever gotten me through the things in life that my human heart cannot handle.  And the knowledge of what awaits my saved loved ones on the other side of death.  It is a million times more glorious than the most amazing gloriousness that this earth can offer (and maybe even more than a million times... and I'm not even sure that gloriousness is a word, but I don't care because I know you get it).

I can't explain the horrible things that happen on this earth.  But I can hug you.  Because I was made to love.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment