Wednesday, May 8, 2013

just like ironman

I was running errands with my nearly 5 year old son today.  We were listening to a Southern Gospel song by one of our favorite groups, Liberty Quartet called, "When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder, Hallelujah, We Shall Rise."  The refrain repeats that phrase over and over again.  My son pipes up from the backseat, "What does that mean: we shall rise?"

As I started to explain to him in 4 year old language, I realized just how cool it was that we belonged to God.  Without getting too complicated, I told him that some day Jesus was going to come down out of heaven and meet us up in the sky.  We are going to "rise" up; we are going to fly!!

My son thought that was so cool!  "Like airplanes fly?!"
"Yeah, kinda but we won't need an airplane - we'll just fly up!"
"Just like Ironman?!"
"Yep, but we won't need a costume because Jesus is going to make us go up in the air."
"Wow!"

At that point I also said, "Wow!" but not out loud, I just thought it.  Because honestly, it is pretty cool to belong to Jesus.  We are in His entourage.  We get to do the cool stuff with Him.

I can't wait to do the cool stuff with Him...

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment