Saturday, May 18, 2013

in the details

A while back I was stressing about something I really didn't have much control over. I was involved but not in charge. I really had high hopes for how I wished things would turn out but they weren't going that way.

This issue went on this way for a couple months. I was looking at all the worst case scenarios just knowing that the whole thing was going to be difficult and add a whole bucketful of stress to my life when I was trying to delete the amount of stress in my life.

So I fretted. I complained to my husband. I worried.  I tried to handle things on my own. What I completely forgot to do was pray.  Not even a passing thought of prayer in regards to this situation. It's not that I don't pray regularly. I do. About my family and friends. I pray for myself (because I need it, let me tell you!) I pray for boo boos and upset stomachs. I pray for blessings on our food and out of gratefulness for our many other blessings. I just didn't pray about this thing, this situation that was (in my mind) insignificant to God.

Well the thing is, nothing is insignificant to God.  He deals in details all the time! All those crazy coincidences that happen? They are not coincidences.  All the things that go right in your day? That's not because of you.  The answers to the prayers you forgot to pray? Yep: God.

So when this fleeting thought of praying about this situation came through my mind, I put my palm to my forehead and said to myself, "Duh!". I immediately went to prayer on my big brown chair and gave it over to God.  I told Him that I couldn't handle it, didn't know how, and quite frankly, didn't feel like it. Could He help me out a bit here?

A week later, the situation had resolved itself better than I could have thought. I am not insignificant. My life is not insignificant. You are not insignificant. Your life is not insignificant. God deals in the details.

Now if I could just remember that next time...

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment