Monday, May 6, 2013

perspective from the toilet

This one of those stories you have to write down so that  you can see  and always be reminded of the perspective that God gives children.  This is a story about my daughter who is seven.  When I was seven, I did not understand as she understands.  This makes me think that she is going to be amazing for God because she already gets Him better than I do.

Last week she had started to feel sick and, without too many details, ended up on the toilet.  She was pretty miserable.  I don't blame her one bit.  As she sat there, frustrated with tears running down her face, I had a teachable moment and simply reminded her that this sickness was a result of the devil in this world.  (This is something we have talked about numerous times, lest she think that God is somehow responsible for all the bad things that happen to us).  Throughout the evening (because there were a few times we sat in the bathroom together), she had conversations both with God and with the devil.  (If you've met her, you'll be able to hear the passion.)

"Why did the devil have to leave heaven?!  I wish he had never fallen from heaven with God, then we wouldn't have any sickness and I hate being sick!"

"I hate the devil and I hate being sick!"

"God, I want to be healed!  Please heal me!"

"Augh!  I hate that the devil makes me sick!"

You know, when things go south, I often want to have a conversation with God but I'm usually pretty grumpy at Him.  My perspective needs some reminding.  This seven year old was miserable and still maintained that her God loved her, would not wish this upon her and that all of this yuckiness was the devil's fault!  That's pretty big wisdom.  See what I mean?  She gets it.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment