Wednesday, March 26, 2014

an oldie but a goodie

What I'm gonna share with you today might seem outdated but I am surprised at how often I use it and how valid it is today. 

WWJD?

What Would Jesus Do?

Honestly, I use that phrase in my head all the time, whether I am evaluating a decision as a friend, wife, or mother. I use it when I read about controversial subjects on Facebook (because that is where I spend my time catching up on things of this world. Not too ashamed to say it - I care about my friends more than what I read in the newspaper.) I use it when I am trying to choose my words carefully. I use it when I write. 

I was raised in a Christian family, in a Christian school, and in church. I heard about and learned about my Jesus everyday. He was... (I'm sorry, but I am struggling to come up with an adjective that truly describes Him, but we will go with awesome) AWESOME. Full of compassion, mercy, grace, understanding. Yet he spoke the truth and convicted people without turning them off. He was a healer and a teacher. He forgave and he blessed.

And perhaps what strikes me the most is that he was a doctor to heal the sick. 

And aren't we all sick?

Don't we all have planks sticking out of our eye as we try to pick a speck out of someone else's?

Shouldn't we love the sinner? 
Because if not, I'm in trouble...

So at the risk of bringing back an old acronym: WWJD?

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment