Thursday, March 20, 2014

rolling with the punches

I had to do a little research to make sure that phrase meant what I thought it meant because this week I'm pretty sure I have just been rolling with the punches.

It's spring break - time to go places and have friends over or go places with friends!! 

Except three days into spring break my youngest came down with a fever. The next day a bunch of bumps showed up on his feet, then his hands, then a few on his face. Yeah, if you've got kids, you know what that means: no friends over, no leaving the house. We are contaminated. *sigh*

Soooooo. What do you do for the rest of spring break when you can't really go anywhere or have anyone over? 

You roll with the punches.

Praise the LORD for Pinterest!! (And if you think Pinterest is a waste of time, you can talk to my husband about how delicious his hamburger was this evening and you can be impressed at the folding job I did to my fitted sheets - even I was impressed - and you can ask my daughter if she likes swing dancing now.)

Here is our past couple of days in picture story form:

Pipe Cleaner Creations:


Dancing Raisins:

Dyeing Celery and a Rainbow Jar:

Name Creations:

Making Butter and Whipped Cream:


Our favorite - Baking Soda and Drops of Rainbow Vinegar:

Linc Built a Pizza Monster:

Aaaaaaaand we made play doh, bubbles, drew with chalk, took a 20 minute dip in a freezing pool, watched Frozen (3 times) and Despicable Me 2 (2 times), did crafts from the Dollar Store, and I cleaned the kitchen 14 times.

So we didn't get to visit our friends who are camping today and we won't get to go to the beach with our other friends tomorrow. We haven't had any sleep overs or even any play dates. 

But we rolled with the punches and had a ton of fun doing it together.

KC








No comments:

Post a Comment