Monday, March 10, 2014

the valley

Last night I had a terrible time trying to sleep. Tonight I just figured I'd stay up late and blog instead of fighting awakeness.  But that means you get to put up with my late night mind wanderings...


There have been numerous times when I've been down in a valley in this life so far. Valleys are tough.  Stress from work, sickness, financial difficulties, marriage problems, frustrations in parenting, death of a loved one. That list could go on and on considering how terrible this world is that we live in and how many things the devil uses to bring us down.

But let me tell you, it is in those valleys that I have grown closer to God.  I need Him. I seek Him fervently.  I cry, I pray, and sometimes I just sit with Him at a loss for words.  And He Is There.  

Comfort. Peace. Guidance. Direction. He is there.

So take that, devil!  All those times when you were tearing me down, I grew closer to my Lord!! Your plan backfired, didn't it?!

So there.

KC

Here's a little song by a guy I've had the pleasure of watching perform on stage numerous times.
 (God in the Valley): 

No comments:

Post a Comment