Monday, April 7, 2014

grabbing the morning by the reigns

So today didn't start out so great. I didn't feel very good but had a huge to-do list for the day. Laundry, dirty dishes, errands around town, grocery shopping (which is high on my list of Least Favorite Things To Do). My daughter had a difficult start to her day (which played into my emotions for the morning as I worried about her). I kept forgetting to drop off my son's booster with his Aunt who was bringing him home after school. And when I got home after bringing my daughter to school (for the second time), my low fuel light came on in the truck.

At this point I was ready to go lie down on the couch for the rest of the morning. (It was only 9:15).

But I walked into my kitchen, asked God to help me, and decided to grab the morning by the reigns and take control of the craziness instead of letting it take control of me. 

I can be a procrastinator but I know that only adds to the stress of my life. But sometimes it takes a good measure of self-discipline to get it all done, or even just to get started!

So today, I looked into the future of the day and thought about how my future self would feel if I didn't get started on these things. And realizing that my future self would thank me and be less stressed if I got to work on my to-do list, that's exactly what I did. And now at 10:30 at night, I look back and am glad that I did!

Tomorrow has a whole other to-do list waiting for me, but I'm okay with that because it doesn't have today's stuff added to it. Done and done!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment