Wednesday, April 23, 2014

naps

Ten days later?! How did that happen? I have to admit, when I miss a day of writing on this here blog, I start to miss it. So ten missed days is just a tragedy! 

But I can't stop life from getting in the way: I got a cold. I know, what a terrible thing! But seriously, it knocked me down. I took naps. I never take naps, people. But I was taking naps! It was bad. (But I liked the naps - I really did, but I didn't have the time for them).

And then after a few days I started to feel somewhat normal. So I had to spend the next few days catching up on all the stuff I missed while I was napping! 

And you know what? Through it all, life went on. Kids went to school, to their programs, and homework got completed. Kids were fed and clothed and my husband maintained a pretty normal schedule around here. Things got a little messier around the house and we watched a little more TV than usual. But we all survived. 

I don't like being sick (who does?!) and I don't have time for it. But perhaps God uses it to tell me to slow down and take a break, because you know what? Everything is going to be just fine on the other side. Good reminder for this busy mom who likes to keep a jam-packed schedule! 

So next time maybe I'll take a sick day on a day when I'm healthy so I can really enjoy the nap!!

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment