Sunday, December 13, 2015

emotions

Women tend to be emotional. 
This is news to you all, I'm sure. 
Huge shocker.

Every great once in a while, once in a rare blue moon, we get a tad bit, just a smidge, not very much, just a little, over-emotional. But that's okay because it's super rare.

And if we are going to be perfectly honest, because that's totally what I'm being, women are not the only ones who can be emotional. I've known plenty of guys who bring their emotions to the table on a regular basis. 

Unfortunately, emotions often get a bad rap. Decisions should be made with logic. Emotions get in the way. They distract from the main point. Let's figure this out based on numbers and graphs and charts...

I'm going to go ahead and stand up for the validity of emotions right now. 
Emotions are God-given. I believe they come not only from our heart, but our very souls. 
I think that sometimes our heart and soul understand things better than our brain.
Sometimes we feel what we cannot completely understand or put into words.
Sometimes it's stronger than it needs to be, I'll admit to that in my own self. 
But typically there is a reason behind the emotions we feel, even if we can't express the "why."

A good friend of mine used to tell me years ago that just because my emotions might be over dramatic once in a while, that didn't make them invalid. They were still real feelings that deserved to be given attention.

Since her enlightening, I have learned how to control my emotions better (although becoming a mom brought out a whole new set to figure out!) but I have also learned to examine them so I can figure out where they stem from. It helps me vocalize them more logically when I've had some time to think about them! 

Emotions are a beautiful thing. 
God gave them to each of us for a purpose.
They have the potential to bring beauty and balance to a relationship.
Take time to figure them out and embrace them.
Emotions have brought about many beautiful things in our home.

KC




No comments:

Post a Comment