Saturday, December 26, 2015

heavenly peace

This evening as I sit under a blanket on my couch thinking about this Christmas celebration, all I keep thinking is: Phew! I can see my carpet!

In other words, it didn't get so chaotically crazy In here that we couldn't clean it up (well almost, because the Lego piles need to stay where they are according to what is being created out of them) and manage to bring back some sanity in the house. 

You know what's on the schedule for tomorrow? A whole lotta nothing. There is no place I have to be. No thing that must get done. Peace. (Well, that's with high hopes that the kids get along tomorrow because they are so distracted by their new treasures that they forget to fight with each other.)

...and now the last words of Silent Night float through my head: sleep in heavenly peeeeeeace, sleep in heavenly peace. 

I hope you get a little peace after this Christmas hustle and bustle.
Peace to sit and read.
Peace to take a nap.
Peace to enjoy a hot cup of coffee.
To enjoy your family.
To reflect on your blessings.
To chat with a loved one.

Peace that comes in knowing the Babe has been born; the Babe that will save us from this unrestful and unpeaceful earth. 
Heavenly peace. 

Merry and Peaceful Day After Christmas to you all,
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment