Monday, December 7, 2015

yay for coffee (dates)

(I put "dates" in parenthesis because that's really what the blog is about, but I'm also very excited about coffee these days, as well as tea, and anything else caffeinated.)

This morning had a great little surprise for me: a coffee date with a friend who has known me for years! Golly, I'm not even going to guess at how long she has known me, but we've been close friends for 6 or 7 or 8 years or so....

And I gotta say that the way it all transpired, it was God-directed. The timing, the amazing behavior of my children (umm, yeah. I did just say that 😳), the conversation, the tears, the mutual blessing, the shared hopes and dreams, the hugs: totally something that God had pre-planned to happen, even though we threw it together at the last minute.

He's pretty amazing that way. He's put some phenomenally encouraging and strong women in my life to help direct me, especially when I am fighting Him tooth and nail to go my own direction. He's put mentors in my life to push me and tell me what I need to hear. 

Those good people in your life? 
You know who they are. 
Listen to them. 
They are there for a reason. 
Probably because God put them there. 

I am so grateful He did.

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment