Sunday, December 6, 2015

in the deep

Lately I've begun to feel like my posts are a bit sad, maybe depressing.... 
I was starting to feel like maybe I'm bringing my faithful readers down.
I'm not actually walking around continually sad or depressed. 
But some days, some moments, some seasons are difficult.
And I have chosen to be real here with you all.

I write what's on my heart. I write according to the promptings that God puts on my heart. So maybe there are a bunch of you who have needed to hear this.

Life is hard. It can bring you to your knees. 
It can make you want to sob. 
You are not alone.
Some of the smiling faces around you are faking it just like you are.
You live life despite your hurt or pain.
You fight the feelings of depression.
You desperately try to find contentment.
You constantly swallow your disappointment in trying to find happiness.

Unfortunately, we were never promised a life of sunshine and tulips (because I like tulips better than roses). We were never told that we would have happiness all the days of our lives here on earth. If we believed that, we'd be fooling ourselves.

And if we were actually granted all days of happiness, we'd be missing out on the deep.

Because in darkness is where strength grows.
Relationships deepen.
Understanding, care, and unconditional love become realities.
In the lowest of lows is where life changes because perspective changes.
You become refined in fires.
You become grateful in loss.
You find more patience, more grace, more mercy for those who need it.
And humble. Oh, the humility you are blessed with in the shadows.

You are becoming less like you and more like Him. 

My heart hurts for those of mine who are in pain. 
I just want to find every one of you and hug and squeeze you.
Partly because I want the hug back!
But mostly to let you know that I love you.

KC



No comments:

Post a Comment