Tuesday, December 8, 2015

ridiculous

Today was ridiculous.
Simply ridiculous.
I'm not sure "simply" and "ridiculous" work together in your brain, but in mine it means that everything that happened today could only be defined as ridiculous. 
There is no other word.

Here we witness the calm before the ridiculousness.

Lights on the tree.
Ornaments on the tree.
Ornaments all over the floor.
Boxes piled everywhere. 
Appointment that ran an hour late.
Childcare that had to be changed in the middle of the day.
Phone dying...dead, for a couple hours (horror of all horrors, I say sarcastically, but in all actuality, with the way my day went, I needed to do some serious communicating and so the stress happened!)
Barely making it home for my first piano student.
Eight piano students.
ALL THE CHRISTMAS MUSIC!! (The piano recital is going to be beautiful, you guys!)
I remembered that I forgot to eat lunch so on to dinner. 
And a number of crazy little things just to add a little ridiculous spice to the day.

I tell you all that to tell you this:

I cannot make it through this life of mine without the amazing support system God has granted me. 
My mom was there to watch my kids and help them with school.
My dear friend was there to pick up my kids when my appointment went long and to tell me not to stress because she had it handled.
My sister-in-law was texting me right after that to tell me she could cover if I needed it.
The mom (who I am blessed to call a friend) of a couple of my adorable piano students commiserated with me as we both vented about our days - much needed!
The texts and prayers of dear ones lifting me up and making me smile in the middle of ridiculous days. 

I am blessed to have my entire immediate family all living within 15 minutes of me. 
But I am also incredibly blessed to have friends who will help me at the drop of a hat, if needed. 

As I sit here and reflect even more on this day, I am astounded by the people who God has put in my life to hold me up when I need it the most. I can think of so many people who I could have called or texted in a pinch. Goodness, it brings tears to my eyes. 

Yesterday I talked about the encouragers, mentors, those pushing you on to being a better you. 
But think of all those who have been there for you when you've needed them the most. The helpers, listeners, thoughtful givers. Don't forget to thank them for being in your life. They are invaluable!

Just a little bit of calm to end my day.


KC 


*So on a side note, I feel like this particular post is all over the place. So it if seems that way to you too, it's probably because it is. My brain is kinda feeling that way too, so that might explain it! If, by chance, it flows amazingly and you get my drift on being grateful for the people in your life who'll be there for you when you need them the most, then God went ahead and took over the post again. So let's hope that's what happened!


No comments:

Post a Comment