Tuesday, December 22, 2015

JOY

It's been one crazy busy month. December hit and suddenly my to-do list quadrupled in length and time sped up at the same time - what's that all about?! So this week we finish school and I have no piano students so you'd think there'd be some time of rest...

HAHAHAHA! 
Nope.

Family sickness, child crabbiness, last minute gift shopping, Drs. appointments and BOOM: another day that was gone in just minutes. 

With the busy and quickly passing days, it's been difficult to maintain the holiday spirit. I light the Christmas candles, turn on the Christmas lights, listen to Christmas music, and eat the Christmas cookies, but I can't slow down the days that lead up to the big day. It's exhausting.

But you know what isn't lost? What can't be taken away? 

Joy!

Despite the busyness, the gift buying, the food preparation, the Christmas programs and parties, and whatever else may happen before the big day, it is all leading up to the most joyous celebration of all: the birth of a Savior!

People, I am a sinful, rotten creature. I do not deserve the gift of heaven. But I still get to go there because my Savior, celebrated on Christmas Day, took all that rotten, sinfulness upon himself and took the punishment for every bit of it so that I could be deemed worthy for heaven. JOY!!

That joy is ever-present, even when life gets out-of-control busy and exhausting. It lives in the depths of my soul and that joy fuels me. It is constant.

Joy to the world, the Lord has come! 

Yes! That is true Joy.

KC 





No comments:

Post a Comment