Tuesday, November 19, 2013

pumpkin muffins and meatballs

I made a couple of easy recipes that I wanted to share with you.  I'm not necessarily the healthiest cook, but I'm trying to be better.  And I don't have time to make anything fancy, even though I really like to cook and bake.  But at this stage in my life I'm searching for easy and tasty.  Two (mostly - and by mostly I mean that one of my picky kids doesn't like either recipe) successful recipes here:


Pumpkin Muffins (http://martysmusings.net/2013/09/easy-pumpkin-muffins.html )
This recipe I found on Pinterest because I needed to finish up the pumpkin purée and I had all the ingredients.  I added the chocolate chips because that's what I do, I chocolatize muffins and breads.  
Here goes:

1 box of yellow cake mix (this ingredient makes me think that cupcakes would be a better name for these "muffins")
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin purée
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
(Or you can throw some pumpkin pie spice in there)
chocolate chips added to your own preference (I put about 1/4-1/3 Cups)

Heat your oven to 350. Mix everything until smooth. Put in muffin cups - I usually end up making about 15.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!



And for my next trick:
Easy Tasty Crockpot Meatballs (yeah, I made that up - not sure where I found this - probably on Pinterest.  So I'm not taking credit, I just forget where it came from!) (here's a similar recipe: http://www.mommyenterprises.com/moms-blog/30598/ultimate-party-meatballs-crockpot-recipe/)

Meatballs, frozen (seriously, I don't have time to make meatballs from scratch)
1 jar of chili sauce 
1 can of cranberry sauce, no berries, just the jelly (I also found a recipe with grape jelly - gonna try that next time!)

I put the meatballs in the crockpot first and then combine the two sauces to my tasting. I don't end up using all the chili sauce, but I use the whole can of cranberry sauce. Pour the combined sauces over the meatballs and let cook for about 3-4 hours (the low setting on my crockpot is still pretty hot so I adjust accordingly. 

I usually make rice to go along with it for dinner, but these would be good on a toothpick at a party!  So yummy!

Easy + Tasty = Success in my book!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment