Thursday, June 5, 2014

a grain of salt

 We had a family get together this evening for my niece's 8th grade graduation. We had a great time! The kids played well together. The adults laughed at jokes. (We filled up on good ol' hot dogs and hamburgers. 

I am blessed because I have a pretty awesome family. Not because we agree on everything. We don't. And not because we were all raised the same because we weren't. We have a lot opinions, some very strong. There is some stubbornness and strong wills. We really could have a recipe for disaster if we didn't have a couple of good things going for us.

First of all, we tend to take each other with a grain of salt. You ever take a bite of something and it's just not quite perfect? You add a dash of salt and it tastes so much better! Eggs. I can't eat them without a little bit of salt.

It's the same with my family. Not a one of us is perfect. We've each got our faults. But if you take us with a grain of salt, looking past our faults to see the good, it makes the relationship much more enjoyable. Instead of picking out the bad, we look for the good. 

And the most important reason we get along is our common ground of faith. God is the head of each household. When God is the head of the family, everything else becomes secondary. 

I like my family. They aren't perfect but neither am I.


KC

No comments:

Post a Comment