Tuesday, June 3, 2014

something is better than nothing

I was encouraging a fellow CrossFitter today. I could tell that the workout was killing her so we modified it and made it attainable. And as she finished up I reminded her that it wasn't how fast she was moving, it was that she was moving. Doing something is better than doing nothing! 

That's life for me.

I have a lot of goals for myself. Some written out, some in my busy little head. Some biggies and then some that would just make life easier. Some that are fun and some...not so much:
Someday I'd like to shoot a gun. Never done it but I think it'd be awesome. 
Go to Canada for a family reunion on my husband's side (this summer, baby!)
Eat Thai food. I hope I don't regret that one...
Keep the truck clean (might have to get rid of the children to make that happen).
Clean the windows on the house. Fingerprints are cute, but only for so long.
Cook healthier meals (so probably less Mac-n-cheese).
Keep the house tidy. *sigh*
Stop letting the gas tank get to Empty before filling it up.

This is another list that goes on and on. There is always something that needs to be done. Something that needs to be improved upon. It can be downright depressing to think about how many different areas of my life need work. 

But, I am trying. I might not be progressing as quickly as I'd like with some of my goals, but I am moving toward them. Doing something is better than doing nothing. 
I like this little phrase that I discovered on Pinterest. It's a good reminder. We are not perfect and never will be. And God is not asking us to be. 

But progress is a good goal.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment