Thursday, June 19, 2014

ask

My husband taught me a valuable lesson a few years back.

I had an idea for a small business where I would sell items that were hand-crafted by talented women. I knew that I could make stuff for my little boutique but didn't know who else to ask. I was certain that anyone I asked would tell me, "no" simply because my idea was brand new and my business was not yet flourishing.

I sat and chatted with my husband for a while and he told me this: "Ask. What's the worst someone can say? No?" 

Truth! I went and asked a bunch of different ladies to participate and not a one of them told me "no" and I ended up having people seek me out to sell their items. Wow! 

I have taken that lesson with me and used it since that day. When I ask a favor of someone, I brace myself for the "no." I don't want to be too disappointed, after all. 

I've also realized that if you don't ask, then the answer is always going to be "no." And the funny thing is, more often than not, the answer ends up being "yes."


Me and Wayne Gretzky, thinking alike!!

But maybe this is a bit more scriptural:


KC



No comments:

Post a Comment