Monday, June 2, 2014

the heavy night

Looking ahead at the week before me, I'm honestly not sure there are enough minutes in each day to accomplish what I need to do. Life just got real busy. And stressful. And although I like busy, I don't like stressful. 

So I sit here on my couch this evening, it's weighing heavy. My heart just feels heavy. I could easily succumb to it and sink into a funk. But the thing about funks is this: once you get in one, it's hard to get out of one. Part of me just wants to go to the pantry and shovel in as many M & Ms as I can find! Chocolate is always a good go-to. But my will power stepped up and didn't let me. (Although I am curious as to where my will power was last night as I sat in the pantry finishing off a bag of Funyuns. Hmmmm....) 

But as I sat here, God gave me a little gift. It is a little reminder of something my Mom taught me: Don't dwell on it tonight. Emotions are always high at night. Wait till morning and things will seem better. I've always kept that tucked in my heart. I try not to make any major decisions at night, but wait till morning when things are always brighter and clearer.

There's a scripture that, every time I hear it, I think of my heavy nights and it gives me hope:
Now perhaps there are more devastating situations that this scripture can apply to, but I like to think that God made it for any level of "heavy."

Can't wait for the morning!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment