Wednesday, June 18, 2014

real conversations

I can be kind of a blunt person. Get me into a conversation with someone I want to get to know better or whom I find interesting, and I don't have a problem throwing out some in-depth questions.  Afterall, how can you get to know someone if you don't ask the deep questions. Sometimes I think it throws people off, but usually it opens the door for honest conversation. 

I used to really struggle with conversation. What do I talk about? Should I talk about me? Or maybe I'm not that interesting so maybe I shouldn't talk at all about myself. But what can I ask them? Are they bored? Is this awkward? I think it just became awkward...

But I realized that conversation creates relationships. Relationships are valuable. So why not take a risk, be confident, and start up a conversation? So, I started doing just that and let me tell you, I have met some interesting people just by smiling and saying "hi!" 

This is a quote I found that has rung true for some of the relationships that I have gained through honest conversation: 

Conversations like this expose the "realness" of people. And I like "real" people. 

So if my conversation makes you feel uncomfortable, please forgive me. I'm just trying to figure out why I like you so much!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment