Thursday, August 28, 2014

never alone

One thing my Mom was very faithful to teach me was that no matter where I was or what I was doing in life, I was never alone. 

There were a few things I was fearful of as a child. I'll admit: I hated thunder. I also hated needles: shots and drawing blood. The sound of cats fighting outside my window (I just knew one of my cats would be tore up the next morning). Staying overnight away from home (I had to overcome homesickness, if you've never had that feeling, don't judge!) Vomiting...to this day, fearful of vomiting. Ok, there were more than a few and I'm sure my Mom could name some more but I'm going to beg her not to!

Whenever these fears came up, I was quick to go to my strength and comfort: my Mom. No matter what, she always knew what to do to calm me down and make me feel better. 

But she would also consistently remind me that I was never alone, God was always with me. No matter where I went or how I felt, He was there. During my scariest times and my lonliest nights, He was with me. At my most fearful moments and most anxious times, He was right there with me. She would often pray with me to help calm my nerves and to remind me that God was in the room with us. 

That became a mindset for me. One that followed me into college and into my grown up life so far. 

Driving in terrible traffic, taking a huge test, performing in front of people - never alone.

Begging and pleading for the healing of my Dad, watching him leave this earth - still not alone. 

Up all night with a sick child, facing my own health scares - not alone.

At my scariest, most frustrating, worrisome, and tiresome moments - never alone.

No matter what has happened in my life, I have always lived with the comfort of knowing he was with me the whole way. 


KC


No comments:

Post a Comment