Saturday, August 23, 2014

on being imperfect

I am going to admit something to you: I am a hypocrite.

It's something I've known for quite some time. I can talk the talk but walking the walk is a lot more difficult. Much of what I write about comes from my daily personal struggles as a mom, a wife, a friend, and a woman. And try as I might, I can't do any of those things perfectly. I am constantly making mistakes and stupid decisions in all areas of my life.

I have been known to yell at my kids and to lose my cool with them. I will admit to being a little strong-headed toward my husband and being insensitive and thoughtless in regard to my friends. And in my relationship with God, that is where I fail the most!

But I have decided one thing: just because I haven't reached perfection yet, that doesn't mean that I should stop trying to be a better me. 

So tomorrow morning I will walk in to church as a hypocrite joining hundreds of people who are also there trying to figure out how to walk the walk. 

And I won't be alone because there won't be a single person in that building who is perfect. 

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment