Monday, August 4, 2014

the non-perfect home

Tonight's blog will be a short one. (I got sidetracked watching Wayne's World. And then I fell asleep watching Wayne's World. I must be tired!) 

This past week we had our good friends stay with us for a few nights. (We have extra beds and rooms and clean towels - you ever need a place to stay, just ask!) At first I was a bit worried because I don't have the perfect house yet (give me 10 years and gobs of money, then maybe I'll have a perfect house). But then I realized this: my friends just needed a place to lay their heads and a bit of good company to go along with that. And because they are good friends, I knew that the non-perfectness of my house wouldn't bother them.

So they came and stayed and it was fantastic! I can't tell you how many laughs we had together and how many memories were made. And the best thing: all my concern about my house was definitely for naught. They both complimented me on my style and the layout of my decor. That might not seem like a big deal to you, but my decor is unique and to have someone appreciate it means the world to me! 

So my lesson learned from last week: good friends who need a place to stay care less about where and more about with whom. 

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment