Monday, August 18, 2014

the fellowship of the....women

This evening I had the pleasure of spending the evening with an absolutely wonderful group of gals. We laughed our heads off almost the entire time we were together [and fortunately did not wake up any of the sleeping children or dads (of which there was only one because any more would have been strange) in the house]. And I will tell you, none of the laughter was at the expense of our men (as women often do) because we are each pretty blessed with the husbands we have.

But let me just tell you, coming home tonight I feel full. Not just because of the Cheetos and carrots we ate, but because of the gap that these women fill in my life. I have a spectacular husband (he's spectacular all of the time - brownie points!!) and great kids (most of the time) and pretty much my entire family lives around me, but there is a hole in my life that is only filled by friends.

There is a feeling of togetherness (although I wouldn't go so far as to say homogenous) , despite our individual differences. Being relatable to someone who has any sort of common ground with you is a pretty binding thing. Laughing about the joys of being a woman, a wife, a mother. I hate to say it, but guys, you can't quite fill that gap. Close. But not quite. (But we do love you for trying!)

And if you are blessed, your friends will build you up. They will encourage you in your relationship with your spouse. They will help to strengthen you as a mother. So when you go home, you are ready to tackle this thing called womanhood once again. (Sheesh, I feel like I should be on stage giving some kind of motivational speech!) 

So choose those friends wisely, and then don't hesitate to build your relationships with those friends. Their support will prove invaluable when you need it the most. They will have your back. They will build you up. They will lift you up.

And for the 4 or 5 guys who read my blog: I do so love you and promise to get off the "women rock" kick tomorrow. Maybe. 😜

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment