Wednesday, August 20, 2014

words

As I'm trying to find a topic to write on this evening, I have been inundated with ideas and quotes about words. I'm thinking that God's trying to make it obvious here.

Words are powerful. They can stick with a person for their entire life. They can make or break a child. They can build up or destroy a relationship. 

Words without thought can be the most harmful. When you don't stop for a second to consider the feelings of the listener, you can spit something out, not realizing how much you might be hurting them. And even if you realize it immediately after saying it, it's too late. 

So I'm giving you permission to listen. To not speak immediately when there is a silence in the conversation. You are not obligated to fill the blank. Feel free to process the conversation and your own thoughts before you actually put a voice to them.

Because I personally think a bit of silence is better than regretted words.

Hawk Nelson is right on in his song "Words." Go listen, if you have time:

KC

PS. Let me just share a few "signs" I saw tonight:



Between Pinterest and my own saved quotes, I think it was obvious...


No comments:

Post a Comment