Tuesday, May 6, 2014

baby steps

I spent about 15 minutes with a mom today who often inspires me in my blogs. I'm not sure she realizes how great a mother she is, but I am often in awe of who she is striving to be. Today was no exception. In the short conversation we had, my "blog idea" light came on once again! So here goes:

You ever look around at your life and see all the things you want to change about it? 
I wish all my closets were organized.
If I could get a better routine for chores around here, things would go smoother.
I wish we had healthier food in this house.
If I could just sync my phone and get all my hundreds of pictures saved (surely, I'm not the only one!)
My consistency in discipline and teaching my children responsibilities certainly could use some work.
The 7 piles of important papers throughout the house would sure look lovelier as just one condensed pile.
Nevermind the 45 projects around the house: finish painting the den, sort and organize the playroom, get our landscaping going in the backyard, start putting up curtains,  (seriously, people, there are 45 projects - my husband will concur!)

Sometimes when you look at your to-do list, it can be so daunting! So much so, that you don't want to tackle it. So you don't and nothing changes. Or you try to tackle it all at once and you wear yourself out to the point of giving up!

But you know what? Doing something is better than nothing and slow and steady wins the race. In other words: baby steps. Start small! Don't tackle it all at once of it seems to overwhelming. 

When I look at the food that is on our house, I see a lot of changes that I want to make. But we started making changes a few years back and our pantry/fridge look so much better.

When I go to workout, I am usually not the fastest one. As a matter of fact, I'm often one of the slower ones. However, what I am doing in my workout regardless of the speed in which I do it, it's better than sitting on the couch!

So cut yourself a break. Start small and make little accomplishments. Little accomplishments add up and turn into major accomplishments...eventually!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment