Wednesday, May 21, 2014

taking a break

Today I finished up this school year's piano lessons. In a couple weeks I'll start up with my summer schedule. But for now, I'm taking a break. And although I love each one of my students dearly, I am ready for a little time off!

Every once in a while my husband takes a mental health day from work. A day to give his mind a break from the job. Even if you are really good at your job and love it, a break can be a good thing.

Once in a while, I take a break from being a mom, sorta. (You never really take a break from being a mom, though, do ya? Even when you aren't with the squirts, they are still on your mind and heart!) I do, however, go away for a couple of days and think mostly about myself and the friends I am with rather than the responsibilities that are at home. Do you know how nice it is to think about feeding just myself, when I want, and what I want?! 

There are some great things about getting away from the routine of every day life. All the things you get to do or don't have to do. Enjoying things you don't normally get to do. Seeing people you don't see very often, or taking a break from people you see too regularly! 

One of the best advantages of a break is coming back to reality, the daily routine, with a refreshed and renewed spirit. Being ready to take on the challenges again and getting back into the swing of things.

Even Jesus took a rest. Mark 6:31 says this:
Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."

Now, I'm not so sure He, himself needed to rest, but He gave His disciples the chance to take a break. And that is a good enough example for me to follow!

So, tell me, where are we going on our next "break?" 😄

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment