Friday, May 16, 2014

happy friday



I have been looking forward to today all week! It has just been too stinkin busy.  Currently I am sitting on the back patio with my husband, enjoying a breeze after a warm day. Lovely!

So what dozen things evoked happiness this week? Here goes:

1. Music. Anywhere. Anytime. (Almost) any kind.
2. Hot weather - I know many of you disagree but I greatly dislike the cold and welcome the warmth.
3. The humor of kids - some kids are so quick and clever with their humor. I love it!
4. Texting. I love the quick communication with a niece who is far away, or a sibling who needs some words of love, or a friend with a great sense of humor, or a simple heart-to-heart conversation through texted words, or the joy of maintaining long distance friendships. These to me are valuable.
5. Avocados
6. Okay, this week I subbed at the school where I went to school many moons ago. The best thing was recognizing the children by how much they looked like their parents that I went to school with many moons ago!  They are cute versions of their parents.
7. Barefeet

8. Longer, lighter, warmer evenings
9. A husband who rolls his eyes at me but will still do this with me:
10. The pink flamingo that lives in our backyard. 
11. Playing piano. This week I spent some time just for myself on the piano. Singing my own songs. Therapeutic.
12. This last one was a wonderful little surprise from my Mom. She saw this treasure and bought it for me. She knows me well.
It was a busy week, a chaotic week, an exhausting week, a good week.
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment