Wednesday, May 28, 2014

the flaw list

I don't like my legs.
I hate cleaning the shower.
I'm embaressed by the stains on my carpet and the ceiling fan in my family room.
I often lack self-discipline when it comes to snacks at night.
I've been known to raise my voice at my kids.
I forget important events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc).
My sarcasm gets me in trouble, sometimes.
I could be more disciplined in daily devotions.

My list of flaws is 25 pages long, single-spaced with the widest margins possible. Maybe even 26 pages!

It is not fun to look over yourself and examine all your flaws. Some are evident every time I look in a mirror. Others show up as I walk around the house. It can be a bit depressing to focus on the negative parts of ourselves. 

But there are two things that keep me from sinking:

1. I am not alone. I guarantee that you will never meet a woman who thinks she has it all together or is absolutely perfect. If she thinks she does or is, she is mistaken. Every woman is struggling with something. It might even be the same thing as you. Whatever the case, you are not alone. I am not alone.

2. I find hope in knowing that I can work on and change many of my flaws. Not all at once, but little by little. And I'm not doing that alone, either. I have made many changes and have grown immensely because God was right next to me giving me strength and determination to go in the right direction. 

I opened up Pinterest  this evening and immediately found these quotes:
Ah, truth.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment