Wednesday, May 14, 2014

not my kids; yours!

You ever just look at your kids and wonder where in the world they came from? Oh come on, you know you've attributed certain characteristics of your child to your spouse! "That temper, just like his father!" "She gets that from you, you know!" "Just like her mother!" "Freckles, just like her Dad." "He gets his athletic ability from his Dad."

We even gone so far as to point to grandparents (but only good things, of course!) "He's got Grandpa's sense of humor." "Musical ability runs in the family." "That hair color must come from the grandparents!"


For those of you who know me or who have spent any time on this blog, you know that I have a strong-willed daughter. An amazing, strong-willed daughter. A strong-willed daughter who has pushed me to tears, to anger, to frustration. A strong-willed daughter whom I love with passion. I have had numerous people ask if she gets that from me or her father.

Good question. Not me!! I was a perfect child (just ask my mom), but my husband....

Just kidding! He was a good kid, probably with a bit more "personality" than me, a little more spunk, but not anything like our daughter. 

But one thing God revealed early on is this: Jayne is who she is because God created her that way. Despite the genes we had to offer, He went ahead and made her how He wanted her to be. I'd love to take credit for her beautiful voice or the waves in her hair. Her creativity and thoughtfulness must surely come from me.

But alas, I can't take any credit. Those are from God. He planned her, mixed her up, and poured her into our arms. And that passionate little girl is growing into something phenomenal, and she's growing me into something great too. 

I'm glad God puts our kids together because I'm pretty sure I'd mess it up good!!

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment