Monday, May 12, 2014

dragging...

This morning I woke up already feeling drained. That's never a good sign! I was tired and my emotions were getting the best of me before my feet even touched the floor. Unfortunately, being a Mom and wife and Manager of Household Affairs along with a part-time job doesn't allow for sleeping in. So after hitting snooze a couple of times I dragged my body out of bed and made my way to the bathroom sink to splash some cold water on my face. I put some Golden Oldies on Pandora and got moving.

Sometimes I can take my busy-ness and spread it out over the week, but not this week. My days are pretty much planned down to the minute. There was no "sitting down" time today. So what do you do when you are exhausted and unmotivated but don't get the luxury of resting? (I know I'm not the only one who deals with this from time to time!)

Well today my solution was very simple: music. I listened to upbeat songs as I straightened the house and did some laundry. I turned my radio on in the truck as I ran errands. Even during my least favorite chore, grocery shopping, I hummed a song that was in my head (although I must admit to being tempted to wear headphones while in the grocery store but I'm afraid I might start singing out loud or possibly start dancing...probably not a good idea).

I made it through this day wanting to nap, but with the help of my music I got it all done. By the end of the day, my mood had improved drastically. I said it before and I'll say it again: music is a gift!

KC

P.S. I'm curious: what music do you listen to when you are tryjng to get motivated? 

No comments:

Post a Comment